A tweep (twitter person) of mine shared this article on Twitter today. http://ow.ly/1eqJp It gives 13 ideas and some tips on how to live a simple and peaceful life. It mentions the following:
* Identifying what is important; 4-5 things in 3 key areas of life to focus on
* Look at what you have committed to and if they don't align with the above, maybe look at changing that commitment
* Decrease the size of your to do list so you can actually take your time and enjoy each thing on your list rather than rushing through everything
* When making time commitments, leave plenty of room either side so you can arrive calm and with plenty of time
* Prioritise your to do list. What is essential or what aligns with the 4-5 things you identified in the 3 key areas as important? Take everything else off the list.
* Do only one thing at a time. This includes thinking whilst you are 'doing'. Even that is multi tasking and will detract from your simple and peaceful life.
* Find out what you allow to cause you the most stress. How can you eliminate that or minimise it?
* Make some time just for you, whatever that looks like. A walk or some other 'alone' exercise, a massage, reading, the list is endless.
* Are you ready for this one.....do nothing. Can you believe that was actually suggested? On a more serious note, sometimes you need to do nothing.......n-o-t-h-i-n-g. I give you permission.
* Take some hints and tips from my blog, practice being in the present (for more hints and tips sign up for my e-newsletter via the blog).
* Practice gratitude right now and live in the moment. Focus on what's good in your life instead of what you don't have.
Anyway, go to the article http://ow.ly/1eqJp and have a read. There are also some more links there and some other tips.