Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Perfect Example

The drama queen in me wants to start off by saying "I almost got killed on my way home just now" and let's just say it wouldn't be too far from the truth.  You may have experienced something similar.  It's a perfect example of someone who isn't living in the present and how it could affect other's lives.
I was waiting at a set of traffic lights, waiting for them to turn green.  When they turned green, as I was fully present, I just took my time to get going.  I wasn't in a hurry to go anywhere so slowly took off in first gear.  And lucky I was slow about.  I had to jam on the brakes and come to an immediate stop.  Someone had come through the red light coming up on my right.  I checked out their face (I always expect those people to look angry and 'in a rush').  This person was a Mum (children in the back) and looked as though she had absolutely no idea she had just run a red light.  Her mind has obviously taken over so much, she really isn't noticing much in her surrounds, even safety measures like stop lights. 
If I had of taken off as soon as the lights turned green, I would have been badly injured right now or worse.  Please live in the present more; if not for your own safety then for someone else's safety, before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment