Sometimes really important or really amazing events happen in our lives only once. What can happen as we are living those experiences is that we are so focused in our mind on something else: stress, other plans, what's missing, what I should be doing, etc. that the event is over before we get to enjoy it. If we are fully present in our lives, it can make the one off experiences far more enjoyable.
So how do you switch off your mind during these experiences?
1. Take deep breaths, focusing only on your breathing for 3-5 breaths.
2. Notice everything that is happening around you, even to the point of speaking about it to yourself.
3.Observe what everyone is doing & what is happening without thinking it's good or bad.
4. Use your senses; what can you smell, what can you hear, what can you see, what can you feel, what can you taste.
5. Think about what you would see as the things you can see, hear, feel, smell, taste that you are most grateful for.
Is tomorrow an event that happens only once in your life?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone