Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's what you think!

You know, I'm not a doctor or a mental professional. I'm a coach. I coach people to lighten up in their lives and to take the little things in their life a little less seriously. I coach people to release the need to control everyone and everything in their lives and to see where it takes them. I coach people to achieve goals and to complete study. I coach people to create and build small businesses. You want to know what the single most common thing they all talk about? They all talk about what they don't want in their lives. They all spend mountains of time focusing on, talking about, dreaming of and repairing all the things they don't want in their life. People speak to me about their overwhelming position and are at their wit's end with their situation, whatever that is. It never fails to amaze me that the one most single reason why people are unhappy, is that they think unhappy thoughts; about the things they don't want in their life.
When was the last time you looked in the mirror and thought to yourself, "You know, you're a bit of spunk!". When was the last time you said to yourself "you know, today was a job well done." When was the last time you celebrated anything you have done in your life? I don't mean celebrate as it drink alcohol or overeat, I just simply mean celebrate. It could be as simple as having a bath at the end of a really busy day and saying to yourself, "you worked really hard today and you deserve a nice long hot bath" or it might be having a beer and revisiting all the great things you achieved that day. If you were to think of 3 things you did well today, what would they be? How could you celebrate those things? Try doing this every day this week and see if you notice anything change in your life. You might even need to do this for much longer than just one week to notice any changes, I guess it depends how entrenched you are in the negative thought patterns.
If you want good things in your life, think good thoughts. Think about all the good things you do and have in your life. If you are having trouble moving from living in the past and being anxious about the future, focus on the positive. If you find yourself thinking about the things that have happened to you that you didn't want to happen, start asking yourself "So what do I want?". Put some action around these ideas. Make some changes toward getting what you want in your life instead of dwelling on what you don't want. It is amazing how quickly life changes. And if you are finding it challenging to stay motivated, look me up, give me a call and let's chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment