Saturday, February 27, 2010

Create and Heal

Today, while I was waiting for my computer to start up, I was sitting here (in a bit of a daze mind you as I have not long woken up) loosely planning my day. I was thinking mostly about my free time this afternoon. Through the week I purchased the ingredients to make Choc Cherry Ripe Muffins so I'm going to make some of them as a treat for my family. Then I will have a couple of hours to myself, after dinner so I plan to create and scrap. Anyway, in my dreamy, just out of bed kind of way, I looked at my Louise Hay Desk Calendar which still had yesterday's date page and affirmation on it and I leaned over to rip it off to see what today's affirmation is. The universe is a funny old thing really, isn't it? Today's affirmation is: I am peaceful when I am creative. I let creative juices flow through me as a healing force. Beauty just naturally manifests itself. It still amazes me every time life and the universe line up like this. It exhilirates me and leaves me knowing that at times like this I have definitely found the path that was meant for me.

Anyway, by now your mouth is probably watering for the Choc Cherry Ripe Muffins so I thought I would include the recipe. I haven't yet made these but they sound easy and divine. Enjoy!
1 1/2 cups of SR Flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 cup castor sugar
2 eggs lightly beaten
90g butter, melted
1 cup milk
1/2 cup white choc bits
2 x 55g(there are actually 53g now I believe) Cherry Ripe Bars finely chopped
Melted chocolate and extra chopped Cherry Ripe bars to decorate
Method:
Preheat oven to 190 C. Line 16 holes of 2 12 hole muffin pans with paper cases (1/3 cup capacity). Combine sifted flour and cocoa with sugr in a large bowl. Stir in egg, butter, milk, Choc Bits and Cherry Ripe until just combined. Spoon 1/4 cup of mixture into each paper case. Cook for 20 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer in the middle. Remove from pans and cool on a wire rack. To decorate muffins, spread some melted chocolate in the centre of the muffin (when cooled completely) and then top with a piece of chopped Cherry Ripe.
I would like to give credit to someone for this recipe however I'm not too sure where this recipe is from as it is one I have collected over the years. I tend to cut them out of magazines. It looks like it could be from a New Idea magazine (as it's titled New Food) and there is a lady by the name of Barbara Northwood featured throughout the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment