Thursday, May 27, 2010

Synchronicity

Does this ever happen to you.  You are thinking of an old friend and then they call.  Or you think about something happening to someone and the next time you speak with them, they tell you, without knowing about your thoughts, that that incident actually happened to them.
I had this happen yesterday.  In the middle of the day I had a thought about a client and then dismissed this thought.  When I spoke with that client last night, I mentioned to her what thought had come to me and at what time.  She confirmed that approximately at the time, exactly what I had thought about actually took place.
Carl Jung, known as the founder of analytical psychology, calls this 'synchronicity' and says that these coincidences relate to the collective unconscious and that we may be more connected than we know or think.  It's almost a little spooky, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment