Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Every Day Challenges

Every person has their challenges in life.  Different people have different levels of challenges but to each and every person they are a challenge nonetheless.
I find to help balance the 'everyday challenges' it's beneficial to have something to look forward to.  Something you can use almost as an escape when the challenge is taking over your mind.
When I worked full time for someone else, I planned my holidays for the year.  When I returned from one holiday, I would book dates for the next holiday.  Sometimes the dates would already be booked.  And I would only have to change my focus from the past holiday to what action I can take to work toward the next holiday.
Sometimes in our lives we can get really caught up in our 'challenges' and we can forget to give ourselves something to look forward to.  I have heard of people who get to work hours before their start time and leave well after their finish time and have years worth of holidays accrued.
What are you looking forward to?  What do you need to do to give yourself something to look forward to?  What keeps you moving through the daily challenges?

No comments:

Post a Comment