Thursday, July 9, 2009

These trying times?

Each day, I hear more and more how people are 'struggling' and how 'business is slow'. Today on the news I heard our acting Prime Minister talking doom and gloom and economic crisis. Even people I know who are usually very positive are beginning to feel the negative pull into this kind of mentality. I appreciate that perhaps people aren't spending the way they used. I feel what we should be focusing on is what is good. If things are slow, are we doing everything we can to promote our business to others? Are we focused on growing our business or are we content with saying that business is slow and quiet. Let's not focus on what we don't want. If we have less jobs on than before, what do we want to have?

Here's some simple steps to get you focused in a positive way. Write a list of all the things we don't want to happen. Let's face it. It's easy to identify the things in our life we don't want. Now write a new list. Ask yourself (for each of those items on our 'what we don't want' list) so what do I want? Put that list up in a place where you will see it regularly. Do you need one for work and one for home? Focus on getting those things. Do you need to think about how you are going to go about getting those things? Perhaps an action plan or maybe even enlist the help of a friend, a partner or a coach to get those things happening in your life. Think about what you do want and get it!

An example:

I don't have many clients "So what do I want" I want more clients= What can I do to get more clients?

No comments:

Post a Comment