Sunday, April 25, 2010

Silence is Golden

Firstly, please allow me to apologise for not posting as often as I would like to.  I went on a holiday away from my computer over Easter and what has come of that has been a recognition that right now, with the family health situation, the computer is not helping me to be happy.  Therefore I have been putting my energies into other more 'happy' provoking tasks.
As I sit here today though in a beautiful quiet moment, I find happiness and want to share.  My husband is off watching the ANZAC Day footy game (Collingwood vs Essendon) at a mates place and Jacob is feeling well enough to visit his friend down the street.  I'm not sure how long it has been since you have sat in silence.  It is something truly fantastic.  So when you can, find a nice quiet place to sit and listen.  See what gentle sounds drift through the silence.  For me, I love camping close to the ocean(I said close-not too close-it sounds like jet engine!) for this simple reason.  In particular, when you go to bed at night, you can listen to the silence then the gentle sounds of the ocean become apparent..........and it washes away the stress with it's waves.  Another great example of this is fire.  I like to be last to bed so I can sit and be mesmerised by the flames.  Where do you find golden silence?  What washes away your stresses?

No comments:

Post a Comment