Friday, October 22, 2010

Happiness from Within

For me, this week has been a great example of why it is so important to be happy from within wherever possible.  Lots of challenges this year as you will know if you read this blog, blah, blah, blah...then this week blows me out of the water.  First off, sleeping patterns have been very erratic and late nights and stress causing very early mornings has left me feeling exhausted and nothing was looking any better on the horizon with the slide into Christmas.  I had been eating out of takeaway cartons and bags (of frozen vegetables), except for dinners at the Commercial Hotel(http://publocation.com.au/pubs/qld/tara/commercial-hotel) which were stacked with fresh salad and had the most amazing tasting T-Bone.  So, I thought, a detox is on the cards.  Started Monday.  Feel fantastic and it's only day 5.  Sleeping soundly; I wouldn't say like a baby because I know what they sleep like-poorly at times.  Lots of energy throughout the day.  No need for a Nanna nap in the arvo any more and I have been taking the time to look after my body and do some relaxation and turning the computer off early to spend some quality time with my husband as well.  To me, detox always seems a bit scary like it will be a week of pain (and in the past it really had been very challenging when I had undertaken a detox).  This week has been a week of pleasure....yet I know the detox will end on Sunday night.
Then, for months now, I have been looking to buy a  new car.  Finally I made my decision and on Wednesday I signed on the bottom line and now awaiting pick up.  Yet I know when I get my car, that whole exciting experience of the purchase will be gone. 
So what is left after that?  I can't detox forever.  And the bank balance won't allow for purchasing a new car every week.  When I was having some thoughts earlier this morning, it came back to me why it really is important to be grateful for what I have and to look within for happiness.  Well on that note I'm off to take some photos of my existing car.  I'm grateful to have had it and want to remember it for all the good times we had together.  Then I'll go kiss my son on his forehead and rouse him from his slumber and be grateful for the arguments that will happen (as they do with most 10 year olds, I'm sure) and get about my day, trying to remember to be grateful for every minute.  Have a fab day!

No comments:

Post a Comment